Common Foundations Self-Assessment
Do you meet the Common Foundations standards?
Confirming your alignment can be done quickly and easily, using Common Approach’s self-assessment tool. A series of “yes” or “no” questions will help you determine whether your organization is already meeting the basic standards of impact measurement, or identify areas that may require attention.
Essentially, the self-assessment asks you, “Does your organization do all the essential practices of the Common Foundations?”
- If yes, your organization meets the minimum standard!
- If no, the assessment will have identified some areas for improvement that could help make your impact measurement more useful.
The survey takes an average of 10-12 minutes to complete. If you’d like to view all the questions before beginning, you can use this worksheet to prepare (though this is not necessary).
If you took the self-assessment for Version 1.0 and scored 100%, you continue to meet the minimum standard for Version 2.0 and are invited to officially adopt the standard.
How to officially adopt the Common Foundations
1. Take the self-assessment. If you answer “yes” to each of the Common Foundations essential practices, you meet the standard!
2. Add the Common Approach logo to your website and documents.
You will receive resources, including Common Approach logos and sample text, five to ten businesses days after completing the self-assessment. If you have already completed the assessment and have not yet received these materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Join the Common Approach community.
Sign up for our mailing list so you do not miss opportunities to provide feedback and contribute to the continued development of the Common Approach standards for impact measurement. You can also join the conversation on LinkedIn and Twitter!
That’s it – your organization is aligned with the Common Foundations!